DescriptionWe recommend Elegant Theme :
Gretchen is a creative theme that offers a plethora of styling options. Transform this theme into a clean minimal look or create your own color schemes in minutes using the admin features. This theme includes XML data to edit with ease.
Support for this theme will be held via our ticket system and additional user/customer help at our support forum: Support forum / Ticket system
Homepage layout options
- Full width slider
- Custom post types using images, icons or just text
- 4 column masonry style blog. You choose the amount of posts you want to show
- This theme is video ready for the blog and portfolio sections
- Homepage tagline area below slider with the ability to change size, color, weight and choose any Google web font you want from the many that are included.
- Option to enable or disable the blog section if you prefer to just show custom posts
- Slider also has an option to be disabled
- Heading sections above each homepage element can be changed/removed if desired
- 10 page templates to choose from and 6 custom widgets are included with this theme
- 2 portfolio styles – non animated and quicksand animated
- Unique portfolio page detail templates
- Optional Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter tweet buttons for post detail pages
Theme options area
- Gretchen includes a non branded clean theme options panel
- Ability to take full control of navbar colors, styles and hover effects
- Slider can be edited with arrows, slider time, slide duration and direction from vertical to horizontal with ease.
- 3 styles for a blog page layout (masonry 4 column, standard and 2 column masonry with sidebar)
- 30+ shortcodes included as well as documents to use them
- Upload your custom logo & favicon
- Control portfolio item count before pages are created or choose an animated portfolio layout
- Show / hide portfolio item titles and descriptions if desired
- Choose to show full posts or excerpts in blog section. You choose length of blog excerpts
- Ability to turn on/off related posts
- Option to display or hide secondary pages heading with breadcrumbs
Styling the theme
- Unlimited color options for each section with color picker inside admin
- 40+ patterns to choose from for the background or sidebar area
- Unlimited color choices for the background
- 200+ Google web fonts included to choose from
- Use a full width image or a repeating pattern for the background
- This theme offers the ability to change the body font, headings inside the body, sidebar headings, footer headings, dropdown menu (top level) and dropdown menu (bottom level). All can be done at once or individually with Google web fonts
- Accent colors for the theme can also be chosen all at once or individually. (link colors, hover color, tag cloud colors, navigation color, nav hover color, bullets, pagination items, etc.)
Support files included
- XML data document included
- Detailed documentation for adding/editing theme options
- Video tutorial links to edit certain options
Please contact me for any reason. I will provide the best support possible when it comes to dealing with features and theme options. When it comes to customizing your theme beyond the many options I have included inside the admin panel.
Please note that theme function support issues will be taken care of first before special requests.
Version 1.0 released – 7.2.12
Theme released version 1.0
Version 1.1 – 7.8.12
Update 1.1 includes a few jQuery updates as well as stylesheet edits. Archive page template has been updated & the PSD files are now included in the download.
Version 1.2 – 7.14.12
Updated many of the PHP files to fix a broken div tag. A more detailed version of the documentation has been included with the download files. Option to remove headings and search box from each secondary page is now active. ( see Appearance-> ThemeOptions ->Blog layout options )
Version 1.3 – 7.20.12
Major updates to admin panel options as well as default page template layout (page.php) displaying text and sidebar incorrectly. No stylesheet edits were included in this update.
Version 1.4 – 7.26.12
Added in option to have the homepage show a full blog style layout versus the standard layout shown in demo.(see appearance->theme options->homepage features)
Fixed issues with text appearing incorrectly, fonts, headings and padding for paragraphs. Slider arrows showing odd in some browsers has been fixed. When a slider image has a link, you can now click anywhere on the image for the URL. Sidebar issues displaying incorrectly have been addressed.
Version 1.5 – 8.3.12
Slider and carousel arrows fixed to not show when portfolio section has been disabled.
Version 1.6 – 8.6.12
Single.php page updated to address issue of content floating to the bottom only when related posts are disabled.
Version 1.7 released – 8.12.12
Added in many new features to the theme such as color options for each post element and sidebar/masonry layouts with color picker. Also added in 3 new page templates & 3 new sidebars to mix and match pages/sidebars and make your page layouts a bit more unique. The option to remove the portfolio section from the homepage is now available as well.
Many css/page issues have been addressed as well as certain pages acting up with post info if you have the “recent posts w/thumbnail” widget active.
Updated for WordPress version 3.5. Added in twitter widget as well as styling for new widgets. Admin area updated to play nicely with WP 3.5 and IE8. Thumbnails added to admin post preview area upon request. Other prepping options added to framework for new responsive version coming out soon.We recommend Elegant Theme :