DescriptionWe recommend Elegant Theme :
Edge is a WordPress theme designed with corporate businesses in mind. The theme is also well suited for online portfolios and blogs.
- Includes an XML file that enables you to import dummy data and placeholder images with examples of slider images, portfolio items, blog posts and all the shortcodes examples. Start your new website with the right foot
- PDF documentation with screenshots to help you through the installation and customization process
- Complete and easy to use custom admin panel (CMS) for setting the theme preferences
- WordPress built in automatic thumbnail generation and image resizing (no more timthumb incompatibilities and no need to set custom fields, all automatic)
- Available in six languages (front-end only): English, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, French and German
- Translation ready, theme comes with a .PO file with English localization
- WPML ready, all dynamic fields from the custom admin panel are provided to WPML for translation
- CSS and jQuery Drop Down Menu
- 2 Home page templates
- 2 Home page Sliders: Normal Slider and a Stage Slider with Text Description and Video support (YouTube, Vimeo, FLV and MP4)
- A Full Width page template
- Left and Right Sidebar page templates
- 2 Portfolio templates with jQuery filtering or paging
- Portfolio item detail template
- Blog and Post detail templates
- WordPress 3.1 post format support (gallery, image, link, chat, quote, status, video)
- WordPress Gallery with Lightbox supporting full width pages, pages with sidebar and posts
- Lots of different shortcodes for you to use: Column Layouts, Sliders, Buttons, Info Boxes, Titles, Dropcaps, List, Blockquotes, jQuery Toggles and Tabs, Price Tables, Lightbox, Video, Testimonials, Maps and more
- Contact page with validation and fully functional Ajax contact form (3 layers of SPAM protection)
- 12 specific widget areas as well as an independent dynamic sidebar widget area for every page you create
- Complete separation from the portfolio and blog
- Custom widgets for displaying Popular posts, Recent Posts, Twitter, Flickr and fully functional AJAX Contact Form widget
- 2 Skins: Light and Dark
- Easily select Main color and Link color using a colorpicker in the admin panel
- Possibility to select between several hand picked Cufon Fonts
- Seamless out of the box Twitter and Facebook button integration
- Works in all major browsers, even the new IE9 (not IE 6 compatible and CSS3 features not supported by IE7 and IE8)
- Styled and built in wp-pagenavi plugin used for pagination
- Threaded Comments and Gravatar ready
- Valid XHTML and CSS code
- SEO Friendly
NOTE: the theme switcher that you see in the preview is not included in your purchased file, it’s only used in the the Edge theme preview.
Version 1.6.1 – 2013/07/15
- Yet another fix to the Twitter widget and shortcode to reflect the recent changes in the Twitter 1.1 API
Version 1.6 – 2012/10/15
- Fixed a bug in the Twitter widget and shortcode to reflect the recent changes in the Twitter 1.1 API
Version 1.5 – 2011/06/07
- Fixed a bug in the portfolio items where the “no lightbox” option was being ignored if a video url was set.
- Fixed a bug in the Vimeo embed code that was preventing some Vimeo videos from playing.
- Fixed a bug in the Twitter widget and shortcode where the time frame of the tweet was calculated wrong as well as the link to the tweet status page.
Version 1.4 – 2011/05/13
- Embedding YouTube and Vimeo videos using the shortcode now properly displays them in mobile devices using the YouTube and Vimeo HTML5 players.
- Fixed a bug preventing the WordPress post MORE tag from working as expected on the home page.
- Fixed a bug preventing shortcodes from being parsed properly in the portfolio item detail page (this issue only occurred in some hosting environments).
Version 1.3 – 2011/04/20
- Fixed a bug in the theme update notifier displaying errors every time the remote XML in my server wasn’t accessible (happened recently when MediaTemple’s nameservers were down). If my server is not accessible for some reason, the theme won’t output any errors and everything will work normally as it should.
- Fixed a bug preventing the WordPress Media Library from displaying search results.
Version 1.2 – 2011/04/13
- Fixed a minor bug on the [image] shortcode not aligning left or right correctly when having an image without a hyperlink.
Version 1.1 – 2011/04/11
- Fixed a bug displaying a broken image in some browsers in posts without a featured image. Also fixed WordPress post format posts not displaying properly in the home page blog section.
- Added a minor fix to the top navigation menu where sub-menus were disappearing unexpectedly, it will now behave properly in every browser.
Images kindly provided for this preview by Helder Oliveira, thanks buddy! They are not included in the downloadable file and their use outside the preview is strictly forbidden without the author’s permission.
- jQuery (http://jquery.com)
- Cufon (http://cufon.shoqolate.com/generate/)
- Nivo Slider (http://nivo.dev7studios.com/)
- InnerFade (http://medienfreunde.com/lab/innerfade/)
- Superfish Dropdown (http://users.tpg.com.au/j_birch/plugins/superfish/)
- prettyPhoto (http://www.no-margin-for-errors.com/projects/prettyphoto-jquery-lightbox-clone/)
- Quicksand (http://razorjack.net/quicksand/)
- 108 Free Matte White Square Social Networking Icons (http://webtreats.mysitemyway.com/108-free-matte-white-square-social-networking-icons/)
- WP125 (http://www.webmaster-source.com/wp125-ad-plugin-wordpress/)
- jQuery Cycle (http://jquery.malsup.com/cycle/)
- flowplayer (http://flowplayer.org/)
- VideoJS (http://videojs.com/)
- ColorPicker (http://www.eyecon.ro/colorpicker/)
- Post Format Icons (http://www.pixelpressicons.com/?p=108)
- Sansation Font (http://www.dafont.com/sansation.font)
- Diavlo (http://www.josbuivenga.demon.nl/diavlo.html)
- Comfortaa (http://aajohan.deviantart.com/art/Comfortaa-font-105395949)
- Droid Sans (http://www.droidfonts.com/info/droid-sans-fonts/)
NOTE: don’t forget to rate the theme
Thanks for purchasing one of my files. Support is given through the ThemeForest item comment system or my own custom support forums. Grab your Item Purchase Code and register an account, I’ll do my best to answer your questions.