DescriptionWe recommend Elegant Theme :
Upgrading to Acid 1.2+
If you’re using a version < Acid 1.2.0 ( most likely something like 1.1.13 ) here are the instructions to upgrading.
The instructions may seem like a large piece of text, but I’m just trying to be explicit about every detail. Updating really isn’t that difficult and takes only a couple of minutes.
- Backup Your Site. Please do. The upgrades may mess up your portfolio images, so please do a full file and database backup before you attempt anything. There are dozens of free and premium plugins out there that can do this for you, like BackWPup, BackUpWordPress and more. You should be backing up your WordPress already.
- Delete your current Acid Theme ( don’t worry, the data is safe for now )
- Install a copy freshly downloaded from ThemeForest as you normally would
- The Theme is now going to ask you to install Pure Portfolio Plugin, install the plugin.
- Go to Plugins and note that you should have 2 Active “Pure Portfolio Plugins”. Deactivate and then Delete the plugin that has the version “1.0.0” or any other below “1.1.0”.
- If successful, your Portfolio Images now should be migrated and visible when editing an entry or when viewing it.
Acid – Unique Horizontal WordPress Portfolio Theme
A bunch of updates just released in Acid 1.2, including the ability to add embedded video in Portfolio! For full changelog – scroll down to the bottom.
For more fresh baked news, follow us on Twitter
If you like this theme, please don’t forget to Rate it
a Theme You’ve never seen before!
Acid is a love child of Metro and One-Page Designs that you already adore!
To take that even further, we created Acid with the following key features:
- One-Page Horizontal Layout
- Responsive Design (it looks just great on your smartphone!)
- Unique Portfolio Layout
- Unlimited Color Options (when we’re saying unlimited, we mean it, read more below…)
- Mini Parallax
- Many upon many options, without the hassle!
- Unlimited Scroll
Freedom of Choice
You have freedom of choice. If you choose to do so, you can have an One-page only design, or you can ignore the one-page design completely and just use the awesome metro style portfolio and blog posts. Or you can use both (as we are in the demos). It’s quite flexible
We’ll take care of you
Support is a must have option?
You’ll find that on Our Dedicated Support system.
We think that videos an awesome way to learn stuff, that’s why we’re working on our video library to make it even more easier for you to set up and customize our themes.
Bells and Whistles
Acid shines with it’s horizontal scroll and that’s why we took special care to make sure it is smooth and easy to use. We made sure to test it on different screen sizes and tailored it to each of them to be sure that your users have it easy and natural to navigate.
You have maximum control over your One Page Layout. You’ll be able to easily control the order of your pages, each page has it’s own set of colors, and you can specify widths for each page! Which is supercool, because you can only really do that in a horizontally scrolling design!
Check out this video tutorial and see for yourself how easy it is.
Unlimited Color Options!
Use a simple color picker (built right in) to customize header, font, footer, border colors. But don’t worry, we’re not going to make you design your own site from ground zero. You’ll pick a few colors, and we’ll repeat them all over the place for you. (pssst. – You can see the color options by clicking on “Screenshots” right next to the “Live Preview”)
Even More Colors!
Unlimited Colors isn’t enough ? That’s what we thought.
You can also assign a specific color to each of your posts and portfolio entries to enhance the browsing experience and convey a specific mood to your users just by few simple clicks.
Acid is built for users!
You shouldn’t be relearning how to use WordPress admin panel each time you buy a theme. That’s why we’ve simplified it down to just a few controls that rely on native WordPress functions and User Interface. Remember we said Acid is something you’ve never seen before ? Well the Admin panel is everything you’ve seen before, and that’s a good thing, right ?
The Feature List
- Multi-Language Ready!
- One Page Design
- Mini Parallax
- Unlimited Color Options
- Unique colors for each Post and Page
- Awesome Post-to-Post Navigation
- Responsive design ( Tested on iOS and Android )
- Horizontal Scroll
- 2 ways to display your portfolio ( case study or popup )
- Retina-ready social icons
- Custom Logo Upload Options
- Unlimited Post and Portfolio color option
- Load unlimited background patterns and images
- 343 font icons
- Sample content included
- Widgetized footer
- Widgetized sidebar
- Option to turn on and off the footer
- Multiple Shortcodes
- Built With HTML5 & CSS3, jQuery and Coffeescript
- Updated: Minor Performance Tweaks - Updated: A Bunch of Responsive Improvements - Updated: Added "pure_mini" thumbnail for Portfolio Slider Navigation - Added: Video Support in for Portfolio Entries - Updated: Dates Removed from Portfolio Entries for Responsive Views - Updated: Tooltip Small Performance improvements - Updated: Can Close Ajax Popup with "Escape" key (ESC) - Rewritten: Completely rewritten 'with-ajax' functionality
- Updated: Modified tinyscrollbar even more. Now events are fired after updating manually. (with keyboard for example)
- Added: default.po and default.mo files for i18n (Internationalization)
- Updated: Bug workaround updated for WordPress 3.5.2 - Updated: Pure Shortcodes Plugin 1.0.6 - Updated: Better margins for content images
- Updated Pure Shortcodes to 1.0.5
- Fixed: A bug in the grid
- Added: Options to enable/disable Horizontal Scroll Hints
- Fixed: Single Post styling issues - Fixed: Secondary Color doesn't impact Form Active Font color anymore - Fixed: Logo Enabled even when there is no Navigation - Fixed: Additional Horizontal Scrollbar doesn't appear anymore when the title balloon pops out of the viewport.
- Fixed: Child Theme support for Extended Options - Fixed: Re-enabled switching from Responsive to Non-Responsive Layout - Fixed: One Page Layout PHP Notice Error
- Fix Portfolio Single View
- Updated: Repackaged Pure Plugins - NEW: Introduced Keyboard Navigation
- Updated: Pure Shortcodes 1.0.4 - Fixed: Cleanup Portfolio Markup - Minor Bugfixes
- Fixed: Unlimited Scroll Bug - Fixed Pagination for Blog and Portfolio - [pure_items] Shortcode now obeys portfolio type - Portfolio Entry template adjustments
- PHP 5.2.4 Compitability - Update Pure Shortcodes to 1.0.4We recommend Elegant Theme :